1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

parting out 1991 GMC suburban

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bigboss1, Nov 29, 2007.

1. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

well i loaned the truck to my little brother till he got his goin he calls me tonight n says the trucks making a weird grinding noise i get there and roll down th block in it and im pretty sure the rears blown im keeping the engine and possibly the trans im putting it all in my pops 56 f-100 but everything else must go pm me or email if you need anything dirtbikinjason@yahoo.com

-4 new (5000mi 75%) BFG AT ta/ko tires on gm rally rims 31x10.5x15 warranty
    -meyer plow set 8ft blade up with western pump (new joystick cables and all cylinders rebuilt last winter NO PROBLEMS
    -all interior (dash, seats, console, heater/ac stuff, everything you can think of)
    -all doors, windows, roof rack, lights anything
    -transfer case
    -diffs the area is blown(rebuild??) front is great
    -drive shafts all new joints
    -rear leaf springs (front is kinda worn)
    -gas tank(i just installed 3 weeks ago damn)
    -calipers RF is brand new
    -anything you can think of i have
    -stainless light bar gutter mount 4 6" lights
    **this truck is mechanically sound i have done so much **** since i got it i hate to do it but its gotta go**

suburban.jpg

plow front.jpg

joystick.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  2. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

how much for the entire front clip and front two doors, including rocker panels? What type of rear tailgate is in it? I may be interested in that as well if you could post a couple of pics.

3. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Looks like it's still a good unit, why not bolt in a $150 junkyard rear? Just make sure you get the correct gear ratio. Looks like you've got alot of other good equipment, but a quality backup rig never hurts to have. Just my $1.38!!

4. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

I have a 12 bolt posi w/3.42 gears...I think its 3.42. I can check if you like.

5. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

i am pretty much tired of fixing this truck i fix a dent and get a new one plus its pretty rusty i just want it gone as for the front clip i have two hoods for it one has 2 pole like dents (easy fix) other is ok thr right fender i hit a tree while off roading the grille is ok all lights core support and the top of the left fender has the same pole dents again easy fix sorry if this is no help and the tailgate is no better it has a large dent but all the internals are new tho and glass is smoked and great

6. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

where are you located?

7. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

i am located in huntingdon valley pa 19006 is the zip

8. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Bigboss1 I just sent you a PM

**Sorry just realized this thread was from 2007**

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011