1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parting Out: 1990 F450 Super Duty 2wd

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by derekbroerse, Mar 4, 2006.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Well the truck has finally made its way down to my shop to be parted out. It is a '90 or 91 F450 2wd. The chassis and dump are spoken for, the tranny is missing, but the rest is available.

Fenders are rotten... doors look absolutely mint... has an EFI 460 and all the appropriate wiring/computer/bs... PTO pump for the ZF 5 speed... a very sound cab (needs cab corners)... Solid leaf-spring front axle (made by Rockwell, 10 lug hubs)... dark grey interior in decent shape (seat has minor ripping)... hood is dented and flakey underneath... grille looks good... headlight assemblies look a little foggy but useable... front bumper is bent but filler panel looks A-ok... all glass...

The engine was supposed to be a low-mileage replacement engine, it ran great before the tranny was killed and removed. Has not been started recently bc the starter attached to the bellhousing of the tranny... but I'm sure it will run fine with a tuneup. Great engine setup for a serious off-roader/rock-crawler!

The '84 F150 is still available for parts too, with its rebuilt 4.9L (300ci) 6 cylinder and AOD.

Make offers guys...

Pix available of whatever you need to see...
  2. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

hey do u think those front leafs would fit a 96 250
  3. derekbroerse

I have absolutely no idea, but I can take some measurements for you if you like...
  4. derekbroerse

Some pix would probably help too, huh? They actually make it look a lot worse than it is (lots of flaking paint, I think its still original except for the doors)
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  5. derekbroerse

A couple more, just because....

LH door.jpg

RH door.jpg

PTO pump.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

how about the drivers side parking light shipped to 19380 i have a buddy that may be interested in one i know his is broken
  7. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

how many miles on the motor and what would you want for it and dose it run?
  8. derekbroerse

The truck ran very well when parked due to a bad tranny two years ago, I see no reason why it wouldn't run well now. Its still sealed and the hood was down, oil still in it etc. Because the tranny is gone, there is no place to attach the starter... I think... its been too long since we pulled the tranny for me to remember but I do know the starter had to come off.

The whole truck has only 180000 kms on it (about 112500 miles) but the engine was replaced shortly before my friend got the truck. You see, it was traded in at a Subaru dealer in Toronto (that no longer exists)... but it had a blown motor so they wouldn't take it. The owner had a supposedly low-mileage used engine installed so he could trade it in. I have no idea if that is true or not, but that is the story that came with the truck when we picked it up. All was fine until the ZF tranny sprung a leak and spun a bearing...siezing it in third gear. The tranny was pulled for repairs that never happened.

I don't know much about Fords unfortunately. Maybe it is possible to reattach the starter without the bellhousing? Does someone on here know? I'd rather not lay about in the mud and rain to go look if I don't have to!

As for price, everything is on a best offer basis, naturally depending on who removes etc.

If anyone is working on one of these trucks and is interested in the whole shmozzle (less the chassis up to the front leaf spring mounts, cut off) I would make them a good deal, roll it onto your trailer, then pull the front wheels. All I need is the parts to build a dump trailer, so the rear chassis, rims/tires, and hydraulics. Everything else is available.

(PS Front shock mounts are spoken for by a fellow member)
  9. derekbroerse

That pair of beautiful rust free doors are still here (less mirrors)... bolt on condition. $300/pair or $175 each. They MUST BE PICKED UP, no one locally will ship them for me...

The grille is still here, hood... not much else...