1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parting Out: 1988 Chevy 2500 2wd

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by derekbroerse, Mar 4, 2006.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

My friends from Custom Farm Service are parting out their truck... it has been used (almost 3/4 million kms!) and abused (towing, bouncing thru fields etc) but still has lots of goodies.

I bought it for the drivetrain, but everything else is available.

Box--Looks pretty good for a work truck. Some dents but nothing earth shaking... largest one is RR above the exhaust pipe where one of the Vietnamese workers backed the drawbar of the tractor into it... but the area is fairly flat so it should be an easy repair. Has a spray-in bedliner but has a spot torn up due to a sloppy operator on a Bobcat and a set of forks. Has a tailgate with worn linkage (and a folded in edge at the RH latch mechanism from the driver trying to open it with a screwdriver). Taillight housings were replaced in '96 with the updated style.

4 of the HD 3/4 ton style urethane fender flares... added in '98 (NOS at the time) and were sealed to the body with seam sealer so no crap buildup inbetween.

RH Fender (aftermarket)... was new in '98 and still looks decent. LH was wrecked at the door hinge due to misalignment and a driver who figured sliding over the seat to the other side to see what was wrong was too much work.

RH door was fully reskinned by a GM dealer a bunch of years ago... too bad someone banged into the lower section with a machine. Very repairable if someone needed a door bad enough. LH Door was wrecked in the same way as the matching fender, listed above.

Blue interior for manual transmission... dirty but probably useable if someone needed stuff. Poorly taken care of, as is often the case with work trucks.

Bumpers are bent and rusty.

Glass is all there...

Pix available...

2. derekbroerse

A few pix.... no you can't have my salter... I put it there yesterday so it was out of my way!!!

chev1.jpg

dent1 in box.jpg

chev2.jpg

dent2 in box.jpg

chev3.jpg

3. derekbroerse

Two more... second attempt too since it messed up the first one and deleted it...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  4. derekbroerse

No one needs anything? All these trucks on this site and everyones is mint I guess! :p

Heres the last two pics. I uploaded them twice to the site and they didn't appear either time. Go figure. Maybe its too ugly?

chev4.jpg

chev5.jpg

5. derekbroerse

Forgot to mention the exhaust system... pretty sure it is stainless (unpolished of course)... 3" single.

It is the same system that was on the truck ten years ago when they bought it, so that should testify to the durability of it. I wouldn't think twice about reusing it. Probably outlast a second truck.

6. derekbroerse

Back to the top... I'm such a packrat...

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

How much for the flares shipped to 61614?

8. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

how much for the fuse block shipped to 06756?

9. derekbroerse

Oh, sorry I should have mentioned I was keeping the wiring along with the engine for a fuel injection swap...

As for the flares, I'll need to get one off and weigh it up (x4) to get a shipping price. I'm sure they have some marks on them by now, I'll have a look how extensive when I get out there later on...

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

As long as they are not cracked or otherwise critically damaged, I can deal with it. I'm going to repaint them anyway.