1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Participants for documentary project

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Protech Inc., Dec 20, 2010.

1. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Pro-Tech is looking for customers that would be interested in participating in a documentary about the day in the life of a snow removal professional and the challenges and triumphs they face. The documentary, entitled Project: Sno Fighter, is set up to be a first person project, so you would be doing your own filming. For more information, including what you receive if you are selected, and to enter to be selected, please visit http://projectsnofighter.com
    All entries must be received by December 31st to have a chance to be selected.

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to do it but we won't have any snow by the 31st and probably won't have any for the rest of the year.

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Sounds very interesting.. I don't know if they could air my footage, there would be a lot of BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP swearing at the drivers around town!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  4. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

The participants won't actually be filming until probably the middle of January through March. It will require about an hour of footage every two weeks and it is not going to be all about the actual plowing. We want to see what goes on in the office, with customers, prep before a storm, etc. And don't worry, we'll have someone editing the footage for excessive profane language :)

5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I think this is a great thing that you guys are doing and it should be a lot of fun to watch. I would love to be involved in this. I have been filming and putting together videos of us plowing since I started my company. The whole time I have always tried to have a somewhat dramatic sense to it to try and portray how difficult this business actually is. I try to make my videos have the "vibe" that will allow fellow plow operators to really connect with the feel of the video, which it seems people have. In doing this I also attempt to show people who have never been involved in it, what really goes on. Right now it only really happens with the dramatics of the music in the video though, like in this one that I filmed a couple years ago... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlYsn4rYmcc

I have always wanted to film everything that goes on behind the scenes, and not just the plowing. But I never have filmed to much more than just the plowing because I have never had the proper outlet to show people the video. I always figured that if I posted a video like that on youtube, it wouldn't hit the right crowd and a lot of people wouldn't understand what I was trying to do with it. I am going to submit my application for this right now, as I would really like to be involved in this.

Here is a link to my youtube channel that has a lot of my videos through the years of my company you can check out. http://www.youtube.com/user/ctc1111

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  6. cold_and_tired

I vote for Collin. I love watching his videos, especially during the summer just so I can remind myself what it is like. He does a great job editing and matching music.

7. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Thanks! I appreciate the compliments. :salute:

I need to get on the ball this year and really do a good one.

8. nekos

nekos Senior Member

I don't know if this will be very interesting documentary.

12:00 AM Start time.
    12:05 AM. Blown hose, Boss screaming at employee.
    12:10 AM. Bolts to hose completely stripped, boss still screaming at employee.
    1:20 AM. Hoses changed, employee covered in hydraulic fluid, boss happy.
    3:00 AM. Distracted woman in mini van backs into loader that has the entire parking lot lit up like an Xmas tree with all the strobes. Boss not happy any more and blames employee in loader.
    5:00 AM. Employee pee break behind the dumpster.
    7:00 AM. Customers complain.
    7:05 AM. Boss screams at employee to hurry up.
    8:00 AM. Every one within a 1000 mile radius decides to show up at the lot and park in the one section employee has yet to finish.
    10:00 AM. Almost finished. Boss fires employee.
    11:00 AM. Employee finally home and sleeping.
    3:00 PM. Employee Wakes up and remembers he left his phone in the truck.
    3:05 PM. Employee Realizes boss has been calling every 5 minutes for the last 2 hours.
    3:10 PM. Employee tries to explain to boss he was fired and didn't expect a call.
    4:00 PM. Employee back to parking lot.
    4:05 PM. Blown hose, Boss screaming at employee ...

On the other hand I guess it might be interesting to watch if it happened to some one else. :waving::drinkup:

9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Wow that would be a great , I could sell my equipment , sit in front of my tv and experience snowplowing.

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

me to! I love his videos, I swear I am half the views on them. Definetly make more colin,youve been slacking:waving:
    LMAO thats great!

11. cold_and_tired

12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Collin what ever happened to plow video 2? You have 1 and 3 and I know I saw 2 along time ago but it was taken off a while ago?

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Damn that's a good vid. Love the tune too. Calms you right down. I always crank "Crazy train'

14. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i agree vote for collin...not only because i work for him but he does good work

15. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

those are great vidoes. I'd love to do something similar but never seem to have the time to...maybe I'll bring someone extra out one storm this year with a camera

16. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Seem that you have to use their product to participate