1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Partial plow/push? How do you charge.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Blink74, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Blink74

Blink74 Member

Hello all. This is my first post, although I've been lurking for some time.

I'm new to snow removal this year. I have a couple of commercial accounts and a handfull of residential accounts.

My question is how do you guys handle partial pushes? With recent storm we had I did a couple pushes on my comercial accounts where I could only clear the runways and open areas due to cars on the lot. A lot that normally takes 1.5 hrs only took 1 hr. Also, one client requested I come back a clear an area normally not cleared. Should I prorate the charges?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you should do a billing of 50% then come back with a 75 to 100% for clean-up. State this in your contract so its clear to your customer thou. My .02 cents
    JOSH

3. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

If it is a busy lot, I mark it as business hours & charge the same rate. It actually takes me longer to push a full lot because I can't push it to the sides & have to go all the way to the end, not to mention all of the moving obstacles.