1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Part of my fun day...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Can you guess what happen ?

At least there was no major damage....

Have I told you how much I hate those things.
  2. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Wow! :eek: I hate those lids too...haven't had that happen yet. Bet that woke you up a little bit LOL. Bet you'll remember where that one is next time;)
  3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

that tire track before or after the lid was off ?
  4. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

I did that once.... not a whole lot of fun. Damn spring trip cutting edge's... shot it right into the snow pile ,at great speed I might add! Had to dig away at the pile to find it and drag it back to the hole!!!
    Glad you didn't break anything cause thats hard on spindles and could cause the airbag to deploy.:eek:
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I hit a manhole last year in the tractor using the bucket.
    stopped it dead in it's tracks and I had a huge steering wheel sized bruise on my stomach for weeks.

A few weeks later I hit the same one again (I know I know) this time so hard I actually moved the whole top piece of the manhole (not the cover, the manhole). It was in a gravel road, so this was possible. I just kinda shuffled some dirt back over it and went nonchanlently on my way. :rolleyes:

I let my neighbor do that part of the street after that adventure.
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That is why we never run buckets when plowing!!! Your lucky you didn't bend the loader.
  7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

it looks like right after, the plow removed the cover then he drove into the hole and bounced out. probably got his attention real quick.
  8. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I was clearing snow at a GSP toll plaza with a Case 580...I was goin' pretty good...caught a metal lip going through the booth.. stopped the machine dead..and the windshield broke and went flying forward:eek: and I went into the wheel...That really sucked because now I had to finish the storm without the windshield:cry:
  9. santelikk

santelikk Member

It looks like the tire track is from the front wheel. If you look closely you'll see the snow piled liked it was being pushed by the blade. So more than likely the rear wheel was in the hole.
  10. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I had that happen once, got lucky i did not drive into it. They were doing road work by where i was plowing, and put orange barrel on top of it.
  11. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Well, this is a lot i plowed last year, and last year this plow went right over the cover. I guess the lot has shifted some..

The front tire went through the hole. After the violent trip of the blade, Boss V, the whole truck jumped so i jacked on the brakes. I look out the window and was staring down the hole and could not believe the cover came off...:eek: there is a small gouge in the moldboard, but nothing major..

Im glad the wheel held together. That side of the truck has bad ball joints. Now i need to do them real soon but more snow comin tonight ans sat.night.:bluebounc.
  12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats pretty crazy....i guess im going to have to be on the look out now
  13. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

I hit one of those a few years back with a tractor the window looked like I drove into the lake and a split second later I was wearing it.lol:)
  14. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

The first time I ever plowed (literally 10 minutes into plowing) I was in this parking lot and a sewer mahole was sticking up about 2". I was in my old Ramcharger and hit this at least 15 mph... It stopped me dead in tracks... After my scared sh#$less reaction I got out of my truck to check it out... My right stock meyer plow light actually tore right of the frame from the force and was hangin my the wires... That is why I always carry duct tape... It held for 3 years and probably is still ike that today with its current owner... Now to avoid this I always bring an aerial photo from maps.live or google earth with me and mark out all raised frames and cover for manholes on the map so I can be prepared and lift plow first...
  15. paponte

paponte Senior Member

LOL, we call that flipping quarters! Gets your attention real fast! :eek:
  16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Jeez Bryan, your kinda hard on stuff.:D From the sounds of stories that Boss has had a rough life.
  17. OH the boss will be fine, i would be more worried abot that POS dodge (lol)
  18. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Years ago, on my very first storm in a parking lot as a sub, I was plowing through what I thought was an empty lot at about 15mph. WHAMM, eyeballs almost popped out and ribs hit steering wheel. Truck jumps and stalls. I hit a median that had no light, bush, pole, nothing... just river rock. Deep snow, hiding median. Truck and plow were fine, my pants were fine, hopped in and kept going... never forgot that one.:dizzy:
  19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

After hearing from Eric over the phone of Bryans "flying" plow in colorado I think its plenty strong. If my unimount gets totalled out I think I may get a boss. I was going with boss to start with, I even have a boss mount but found this unimount about 20 minutes before I called a guy to tell him I would take his 8ft boss superduty.

Edit- Bryan shouldn't you be out plowing instead of surfing plowsite right now?
  20. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Just killing some time till it stops snowing, Im also uploading video's for posting later....