1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parking Stand

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by turk, Dec 6, 2006.

1. turk

turk Junior Member

:realmad: Anybody else do this?
    First plowable snow of the year hook up plow (Brand new never used), go plow and can't figure out what is dragging when I backdrag and putting the line in the snow in the middle of the plow.

It never dawned on me until I went to take the plow off the truck and the parking stand was down and all bent to He!! (Dumba$$).

Im new to plowing but I should have known better. Just excitted to play I guess.
    Now I know better for next time.
  2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Don't feel bad. I've been doing this for quite a few years & I did it for the first time this year. I had my plow parked in the field behind my house & it had settled a little since I had it on a couple weeks ago. Once I finally got it hooked up, I was so excited that I forgot to lift the stand. I backed up about 200 ft & my tires started spinning on the icy ground. I figured it was just icy so I went forward to break it loose & got nowhere. Now I'm worried. I get out to see if I could put some sand or something under me to get it free & realized what I had done.:eek: I ended up having to take a sawzall to it to get it off. I then cut off the bent section & welded it back together. It is going back on later today so I hope it is still long enough.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

lol hehe, I bent mine up the same way.:waving: fixed it
    then my sub had to use the Hiniker and he bent up the stand again...:realmad: :drinkup:
  4. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I broke that fancy pin a few days ago, when I forgot to lift it.
    I backed up maybe 6 feet with it down.
    I think I'm going to make a change to it, I want to make it adjustable.
    That way when the plow sinks in the ground I can just crank it back up.
  5. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Is it possible NOT to bend or break them? I've done 3 or 4 of em in.
  6. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Guilty as charged......on at least 2 occasions:realmad:
  7. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

lift it up before moving it ;)
  8. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Don't feel bad because I have done the same thing.:realmad:
  9. turk

turk Junior Member

Well thanks guys,
    I feel better now that I know Im not the only one. At least I didnt break it only bent it (thank god).

Now if it would only snow some more I could play and make some payup .
  10. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Thanks for the hot tip.

I'll pass it along to my guys.
  11. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I've been looking at a small electric tongue jack.
    If I think it will be cost effective, I'll do it and post pictures.
  12. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

Yup Me too, I have done the same thing, but only bent it over slightly and could bend it back into place, So don't feel bad, you are not the first one and not the last one to do it

CURLERIC Member
    from NY

after pinning park stand on mine it would go down maybe 3/8" when driving plow out just enough to make install difficult. I tried jamming wood shim under the stand before dropping plow and it held it up making next drive in perfect. stand set up sucks a.