1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

parking, not plow friendly :(

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Dec 29, 2007.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

so i needed to plow my uncles today, so insted of takin my explorer when i left the house, i decided i would just take the f-250 and do all my running around. first was the hospial..not too bad..backing out took alittle work but not real tight..next was some downtown shopping..which was nerve racking to say the least :dizzy: i could not find a paralell(sp) parking spot big enough to fit the truck blocked traffic trying on one spot i was sure would work lol but it didnt..finally used a parking lot i had to pay more and walk farther from..but oh well i know most guys here anyway deal with this all winter long as there plow trucks are there daily drivers but man my explorer feels like a mini cooper when parking in comparision haha just thought i'd share my thoughts..anyone else have issues w/parking in tight areas?

hospital wasnt bad because i had handicap parking
    [​IMG]

that stupid parking lot!!! uggh i was backed all the way up to the fence and still stuck out along ways
    [​IMG]

2. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

I have the plow on if i'm out doing stuff locally before or after a storm. I've taken it to college classes quite a few times and its i tight fit through the parking ticket gate and then i sometimes take 2 spots or all of 1 and stick out a little.

How do you keep that truck so clean if you've just been plowing?

3. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i dunno? we dont salt here they just sand the intersections, so as long as it stays below freezing it stays clean haha it hasnt been washed in like a month.

heres an example of the roads, unless its above freezing they stay nice and frozen..so everything stays nice and clean :)
    [​IMG]

i almost attempted the parking garage but quickly realized it would be a bad idea lol

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  4. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

I dont think parking spaces are designed with the idea that the cars parking there will have snow plows on them. Just do what I do when you cant find a spot either move a car to make one or be creative. I do usually find myself taking up 2 spots. I would have tried the parking garage atleast it would have been entertainment for someone.

5. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

being from Alaska, i'd think there used to seeing trucks with plows in parking lots

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Well, you just have to plan where your going to park.

My daily driver is a 2500, with a flatbed and salt box w/ plow now thats fun LOL

7. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

You not sticking out to far, they are just pulled in to far!!!!!

8. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Dude...nice set up man!!

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There's so much ice buildup you can't see the parking lines anyway. I have a hard time parking my truck without the blade, that's why as soon as I'm done plowing I take my blade off.

10. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Your truck with plow on is about the same length as a Ford or Chev crew cab pickup. And they dont belong in the shopping malls either.

11. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Parking Spot

Hey, Post #3 that guy made his own parking spot. Must be a NO Parking Zone thou! lol Happy New Year! Hippy

12. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

Who says you cant bump a unsuspecting car back a few feet with your pintle hook?

13. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Parking with the plow is bad, but my other daily is longer, which is worse most of the time...

No, I don't work for UPS. I just don't have a photo of my sprinter in my lap top, and that was a good side by side. Mine is the same size as that one, mine is just blue.

spaceball.gif

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  14. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

It doesn't even need to be a plow truck to be difficult in many lots. Try it with any true full size sedan or station wagon from about '89 back. It's not just the length of the spaces, but the width of the lanes and the turning clearances as well. I can remember years ago seeing signs designating certain spaces "For Compact Cars Only", now all the spaces are that size, or smaller.

15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Thats 1 clean truck!

16. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I know the feeling,

Most of the time, you have to jack the truck around to get in to one!!!

17. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

A standard parking stall depending on Town regulations are 9' wide by 20' long with a 24' wide drive aisle minimum. Or 9' wide by 18' long with 2' of grass strip/bumper overhang. If parking lots were designed to accomodate trucks with plows on them then there would be alot less stalls in the same developed area. Just park far away, take up two stalls and walk. Thats what I do.

18. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck looks really clean. No matter how much you wash them here they still rust with all the salt they put down