1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parking lot pricing?? (NOt looking for prices)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vmj, Jan 9, 2011.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I am looking to step up a notch and these people don't want to plow their own com parking lot any more... It's three separte lots off of a main run with a slight hill. What i'm wondering is if i should price it with a fee for coming to plow the main run through out the storm at a given price and then price the completed lot plowing at the end for a given price of 2-6" 6-12" every 2" over 12" a add on price? And also shoveling ( Which i'm not sure on how to price) of three long side walks. Is that separte or included in final plow price. Only be shoveling of short entrance walks during storm and entire walks after storm.. THANKS
  2. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

3. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

I dont know if this is your first commercial or not, but I would adjust those triggers. 2-4 4-6 6-8 8-10 10-12 12+

I wouldnt add anything in for monitoring the site during the storm, during the day. Because when you come back to clear the lot thats one less thing you have to clear. What I usually do is this. Say we have a 1 acre lot. Say were getting 60/hour just to make it easy. A 1acre lot with 2-4 should take 1-1.5 hours to clean including travel time to the site. I will bid it at 2 hours for the push. That allows extra time for those repeated visits for clearing the main isles of the parking lots, cleaning that road on an as needed basis, etc. When you go there, during the day, you can clean up the main road and then a couple passes down each parking isle, then at night when you get back its simply the parking stalls which will really have nothing on them since cars have been parked all day, a really simple clean up and gone.

For the walks, just bid it per push, but generally with lower triggers. We will go 1-3 3-6 6-9 9-12 12+. In 1-3 inches of snow its a safe bet that you can clean off about 5k of walks in about an hour. So if you have about 5 k of walks figure around an hour, and bid it at the hourly rate your getting for shoveling.

I bid shoveling and plowing separate. Sometimes we will go out and shovel but not plow, like on light accumulations. When cars are driving over the pavement they are heating it up which makes it harder for the snow to stick as oppose to the concrete walks which snow sticks to easier.