1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

parking lot pricing, as well as salt/sand

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by pipelayer, Oct 2, 2014.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

ok, so this year, ive added a sander to my truck, and with the lots ive added, I hope to add a few more. I base my pricing per 3" of snow being that, that is my trigger for most lots. I base my pricing also off the size of the lot, but this is where im getting lost, the bigger they get, with more obstacles, how do I base my pricing? I have been off the fact I do a lot that is small and clear for 100$ a drop, 3-6" at a time. now I honestly don't know what to charge for sanding, as the salt/sand mix fluxuates throughout the season with the local demand. my pricing usually goes, 0-3 then 1.5x for the next 3 inches, so on and so forth, ex. 0-3 50$ 3-6 75$ and so on. am I correct in doing so, or does everyone who takes the gamble with seasonal pricing seem to make out better? or is there a sq. footage pricing? just trying to get ideas. I figure sanding my small lot should cover my yard of sand.. just need some insight. thanks.