1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parking lot and road combo

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by nrplowguy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I am doing a bid that I am pretty sure I will get but need to know what you guys think might be the right price!!!! I am not to sure on price cause I am used to bidding residential and smaller lots.

Now where is what it looks like I have to do the parking lot and the two roads (one to the south and one to the west). I am thinking price including sand salt.

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

why do you think you'll get it if you don't know what to charge, or what you are going to charge?
  3. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I know the owners, was told I was plowing it but just want to make sure that I give them a reasonable price so I will be able to keep doing it
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

No one here can give you an answer to that, only you know what you need to make to earn a profit. Figure out the sq footage (google earth has a tool for this), convert to acerage. No how long does it take you to plow an acre? X your hourly rate + salt/sq acre + hand shoveling/hr if any + obstacles= Your hourly rate to push and salt. If the owners told you your plowing this lot before talking cost then obviously they think your going to do it very cheap.. Cheaper than anyone else or they'd tell you to submit a bid, and you'd be first choice if your rates are fair
  5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Wow... Harford just put it right up on the table and shared a lotta usefull info for you. Make good use of it before jumping in and finding out you can't swim. Thanks for that. I wish someone shared that kind of "method" with me when I started out.
  6. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Yes he did thank you Harford. I figured it out and it come out to be roughly 5 acres. I know one lot I do is just under an acre and it takes me about 30 min start to finish with nothing on lot to go around. so now i do kind of have an idea of what to charge