1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parking light/turn signal problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GLS, Apr 6, 2003.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Having some electrical trouble with my 95 chevy k2500.

The truck has the composite style lights. The outer bulb on the parking light "bar" (there are two bulbs under the headlight, then one on the side) is not working. I thought the bulb was burnt out, but I replaced it. When the right turn signal is turned on, it flashes like crazy(the bulb that is working)(left side is fine). However, when my trailer is hooked up, it flases at a normal rate (bulb still doesn't work though). This bulb must be in a series with the outer/corner signal because it does not work either.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem is? I figured it probably has to do with the plow wires? It has a western on it, and I don't really know much about how it is connected.

Thanks for the help
    RYan

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The outer corner lamp never lights? whether on hazard or parking lights? The wireing for the western plow is sort of complicated. If I remember correctly, the parking light taps into one of the wires and the right turn signal feeds from the other wire on that same bulb. So I would try checking the two crimp splice connections, follwed by a volt meter on the leads for the light bulbs.

GM designed the turn signals system to 'hyperflash' when a bulb in the system is burned out. Therefore with the extra load from the trailer, the system must think that all the bulbs work properly. Hopefully that will help some.

-John

3. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Thanks for the reply.

I lied about the outer one not flashing, I went out and checked and it does flash. I was thinking it didn't because when I took the bulb that doesn't work out, the corner one doesn't work. I'll check out the crimp slices.

Thanks again
    Ryan