1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

parking light fuse blows,no plow lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by swampguy, Jan 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. swampguy

swampguy Junior Member

Hooked my mm1 of ten years.I have power to plow but when I turn on the lights, the truck lights stay on. And the parking lights go out,and the dash lights are out also.The fuse under the dash is blown. I replaced the fuse and it pops if I turn on the lights. When the plow is not connected the lights all work Thanks

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

You have a short somewhere.Have you started tracing wires?

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Ditto, I would go directly to where the lights plug into the light harness, examine thoroughly for breaks, pinching, looses connection.....don't forget the park lamp splice as well.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd go for the plow side parking light/turn sockets first. They have a bad habit of crumbling to dust then the bulb pins short out on the socket housing.

5. swampguy

swampguy Junior Member

I have traced the wires they seem to be fine but will dig deeper. the 9 pin connecter looks clean, no breaks or bare wires . Could it be the modules? I am going to pull the instructions out and go over the wiring diagrams. Will keep you posted.

6. chevyzrule810

The wires could be broken inside the harness

7. swampguy

swampguy Junior Member

Well I checked the lights and they are clean. Because of the snow storm I needed to move on[8'and falling fast]'. So I cut the brown fed line from the truck harness,cut the low beam fed line to the plow head lights and hot wired it so I could plow all night,and today. Bad storm in NH 24'' and it came fast. Will check continuity of Wiring. I think a new harness is in order Thank you and this site has been a life saver.I have fixed several problems with help from all you great folks

8. chevyzrule810

let us know if the harness fixes the problem