1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PARKING LAMPS WONT TURN OFF-HTS ultramount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by captainkttyhwk, Nov 15, 2013.

1. captainkttyhwk

captainkttyhwk Junior Member

after accidentally plugging in harness backwards (the many small pinned one) parking lamps wont turn off unless I unplug plow. 2004 avalnache.
    it did blow 1 of the 10 amp fuses at the relay box under the hood which controlled the headlight to plow. after replacing fuse parking laps just run and run...any clues?
    burnt a relay? another fuse?
    fuses in the plow box are fine.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Do they stay on on the tk too?

3. captainkttyhwk

nope. they are dimmer when the truck one go out though.

4. dieselss

What? Your tk parking lights stay on or not? You lost me

5. captainkttyhwk

If by TK you mean truck.. truck lights do not stay on

6. captainkttyhwk

Okay The Plough lights all functioned just fine. the plow works fine. after inadvertently plugging in that Nine or 12 pin connector backwards... the headlights on the plow would not function at all after finding a 10 amp fuse under the hood in a two fuse block, I replaced the burnt fuse. Now headlights work fine parking lights work fine except for the stay on after you turn the truck off and stay on indefinitely.

7. captainkttyhwk

Plow was recently moved from an 02 Silverado to 2004 avalanche. the plugin harness has been located right where the plow clips go so it was tough to see...hence the backwards hook up

8. captainkttyhwk

plow dealer sucks and dosent want to help or relocate the harness.

9. captainkttyhwk

dieselSS...thanks for replying. im hoping you've got the answer.

I thought maybe it was like this from the new hook up...but I would have noticed a dead battery as it sat all day with it hooked up after the re-mount.

10. dieselss

Ok. It's an 04. Dont the lights stay on for a short amount of time after you shut the tk off anyways? Isnt there an auto feature on the switch. Might have to physically turn off.
    If no to all the above or it never did that before the plug mishap, then something got fried either wiring plowside, iso or tkside

11. captainkttyhwk

I tried the manual off switch it will not turn those lights off just thought maybe you would know which relayI need to replace if that's what it is thank you very much

12. dieselss

Again, shut tk off and parking lights stay on. Turning switch don't matter. Unplug the plow plug and there off. I'm thinking you fried something