1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

parking lamp issue on a unimount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by aquku, Nov 24, 2013.

1. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

I have a western unimount on a 1997 chevy 1500 with DRLs. When I hooked the plow up today, the parking lamps would not work. BLinkers and all plow functions work. But, once I move/adjust the truck side wire harness, the parking lamps light up, but then the plow will not move. I have worked on plows for many years and I seem to be leaning toward a new truck side connector, but it baffles me as way the plow would not work once the parking lamps lit up. Any ideas?? thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If your talking the 11 pin, then you should try to spread the pins apart first and see if that helps. Also ck the gnd on the plow motor

3. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

It is a 9 pin connector, but I will try to spread them and see what happens. I know the plow parking lamps are directly tied into the truck parking lights. Supposed to be brown wires....

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

They are directly tied in....correct. through the 9 pin connector and the gnd at the plow motor