1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parking Garage snow removal

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 29, 2010.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

looks like fun......what machine are you running? very nice and quiet.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Very fun I enjoy it more than plowing. I am in a Gehl 5640 turbo with an 84" 1.75yard bucket. Great machine very fast and very quiet.
  4. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

That thing is fast. It looked like you were doing double the work the John Deere was. How do you like your machine?

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

it is about 4mph faster than the Deere. It will outrun any machine there, biggest bucket and fastest ground speed.

My skid is an 07 Gehl 5640T and I shopped for about 6months before buying it did a lot of research and I am glad every time I use that I chose it. Easy simple machine great price point and has better specs than it's competition that costs more. It is all about preferance, but I like it, I don't have great dealer support after the local Gehl dealer went out of business in 2008 but it is such a simple machine I am able to work on it myself. Plain and simple I got a great machine and didn't just pay for a name.
  6. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Do you guys remove the snow every storm or just when you run out of room?

Great videos, looks like fun. Good luck the rest of the season.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Any storm that enough piles up. The management company wants it cleared so not spots are lost and a few are steep so if it were to melt would make a big mess.

Thanks good luck to you as well.
  8. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

do you say look out below every time you dump i would and laugh as i was doing it

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Haha the loader operator is below as well as a spotter in a truck to make sure no one is in the drop zone. Unless it is wet it doesn't drop as you would think. When it is lighter like in the videos it comes off like dust. Next storm we do it, I will shoot a video from below.
  10. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

just wondering u from new sweden?
  11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i agree gehls are nice thats what i learned in it was really simple i like it alot better than bobcats
  12. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Very nice neuswede!

I am CYY also!
  13. TDBaird

TDBaird Junior Member

That looks like fun. How long does it usually take to get that roof cleared off?

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

They vary some are small and some are huge. We can usually get all 5 done in 10 hours with 4 skids but 2 years ago we got a hug storm and ended up taking us 3 12 hour nights to get all 5 done.

Haha I like country but I need the rock and alternative to pump me up and get mr through when I am tired. That and MT DEW do the trick every time.

Nope from Portland but live in Gorham
  15. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I would like to see a pic of that bucket if you ever get a chance.
  16. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

Enclosed, heated, amenities in a cab are sooo overrated! Try doing it with a plastic cover over the sides and back and no door since all it does is fog up! That was fun last winter.

All kidding aside That is a very nice machine and that kind of work is tons of fun! Thanks for sharing the vids and good luck this year!
  17. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Do you plow them with the skids too? Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like you plow it into piles, then move the piles, then dump them over the edge....moving it three times. Can you not just plow it to the dumping area, and lift it over as you go?

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

The tops of these garages are all split up so it isn't like you can just push from one end to the other and there are cars in all of them during the day. It seems like non sense until you experience it. A lot of snow accumulates on the top of these garages. run out of room quick. Also with dumping off there is not enough room in any of the drop zones to dump everything off so it has to be dumped off the top and put into the back of the dumps with a loader. Would be a PITA to do this during the storm. Not plowed with a skid but plowed with an f150 because it is faster and will fit. Also all removal is billed per hour and at a really great price so there is currently no reason to change anything because it makes good money.

snapped a pic today while washing it down, not heavy duty but gets the job done and handles a lot of snow.

19. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Ahhh, it all makes sense now. I was thinking you were using the skids to plow it with, didn't realize it was done with a truck.
  20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Great videos NEUSWEDE. Keep them coming.