1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parking Blocks?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Dent82, May 3, 2007.

1. Dent82

Dent82 Member

Anyone out there ever been accused of breaking cement parking blocks? One customer told me that I broke three of them. They were not tied into the lot. I know I pushed them out of place, but I can't imagine them breaking very easily. Anyone know how much these cost?

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I am not sure on the cost of new parking blocks but if you advertised for some you might get them for nothing, I ansered an add a couple of years ago for parking blocks and I got 16 of them for free.

3. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I don't know how they would break if they weren't staked to the lot. They usually just slide along inside the snow pile. I even pushed some that were staked. The stakes bent and the blocks moved but didn't break.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I have broken several of them. Mostly due to me picking them up with a Cat 988 loader and dumping them into a snow pile unknowlying. They usually just slide when you smack them with a snow plow.

5. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

If they're older, they get very brittle & crumble easy.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Yeah they will break. Especially if you hit them at any kind of an angle. Ask a landscaping company, they should have them free or know where you can get some.