1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parking Blocks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dent82, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Dent82

Dent82 Member

Anyone ever been accused of breaking cement parking blocks? I had a customer tell me I broke two of them. I know I knocked them off the backtop but I doubt that I broke them. They were not tied into the blacktop.
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Drop 'em. Just kidding, got any pictures of the property before the season started?
  3. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

wheel stops aka parking blocks...

are virtually impossible to BREAK with a plow...a machine/loader might be able to do it, but i doubt a plow could. When not tied down, they move around nice thou :) I caught one the other day and had to jam it into a snow pile to hide it :jester:
  4. Dent82

Dent82 Member

No I don't have any pics. No loaders just my plow truck. Have not seen the blocks yet told her that I would come take a look when the snow melted. HA
  5. PSUTurf

PSUTurf Junior Member

They do break. Try pushing one into the corner of a poured curb and you'l find out how easy they break. If you were just pushing it around on pavement I doubt it would break.