1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parker Hannifin Hydraulics - Cables

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ding, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Ding

Ding Member

I have an old Speedcast 7.5 plow that has a Parker Hannifin pump and valve on it. In attempting to get the stop nut off one of the control cables (to put it through the truck firewall) I broke the threaded barrel end to the cable housing. These are the cables that have the large spring loaded caps on the valve end so are not easy to find. Does anybody know where to find some of these old cables or how to repair them?

I will post pictures a little later . . .

2. Ding

Ding Member

I found a Fisher part # 4136 on the cable.

I am interested in buying a NOS (new old stock) cable, but I also think I can repair the cable if I can find a replacement threaded barrel. This is the end that crimps onto the cable housing and allows for adjustment at the control lever.

If anybody know anything about cables, please help if you can.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Take a look on ebay.

Contact Brake and Clutch in Mass ot Jerre's Service in Erie, both have a lot of old Fosher stock.

Finally contact FIsher, those cables were actually pretty popular (lots of years) so there may be some out there. Fsiher continues to have service parts for Belt Drives. I know I was able to get calves (shorter one) as couple years ago.

4. Ding

Ding Member

Thanks for the input. I actually have an earlier version with the electric driven Parker-Hannifin pump. This model has the pump in the middle and a reservoir on one end with the motor on the other end. In other words it is a direct drive with the motor and reservoir on opposing ends and the pump in the middle. This whole assembly is mounted on the headgear. This is not a belt drive setup.

I will try the 2 places you mentioned.

Does anybody have any connections to companies that sell various control cable ends? I may be able to simply put a new barrel end (adjuster) on the cable.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

OK I understand. The cable were very similiar though. If unseccussful a good hydraulic shop may be able to make and repair control cables.