1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parked the plow in the spring working, hooked it now not working WTF

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by meathead1134, Oct 23, 2008.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

Like the title says I parked the plow in a covered carport in the spring and it was working. I went to move it and now it don't wannt go up or down or left or right. The pump screams and blade moves up very, very slowly about a 1 inch at most. :realmad::realmad::realmad: WTF is going on.

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

same here.
    no biggy. needs a filter probably, or the tube fell off. filter kit is like ten or eleven bucks.

3. bribrius

undo the bolts in the bracket. pull it forward. put the a bolt back in the front hole so its still half in the bracket so you can work on it. dont have to take the lines off. pull the reservoir you mind find it kicking around in the bottom.

EDIT: drain the fluid out of the reservoir first and dont forget to buy some more fluid when you pick up the filter kit. Should only two and a half quarts or so.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  4. meathead1134

from MA

Where do you get the filter??? besides the fisher dealer?? Unbold the resvior from the bracket??Where is the filter located??

5. bribrius

inside the reservoir is the filter..
    just a plastic tube that drops into the resevoir with a filter on it. Looks like a big straw like you would get in soft drink.
    and yes. a fisher dealer would have the kit, or someone that sells fishers might have the kits.
    it is just the plastic tube, the filter, and the o ring in the kit. this is only like a twenty minute job maybe thirty. its not very hard..
    If you need something to look at go to the fisher website they have manuals with diagrams.

6. meathead1134

from MA

I'll take a look tomorrow. I really don't know a thing about the plow