1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Park wire terminal melted on MM1...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by justme-, Jan 31, 2009.

1. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Ok, unhooked my plow today for the first time in a couple of weeks and noticed a melted section in the truck side plug on pin 11. It's a MM1, SEHP with the 9 pin plug.

Looking at the wiring diagram (on Fisher's website and in the owner manual) a brown wire hooks into the trucks parking light circuit to provide power to the headlight switch over relay coils and to the plow side parking lights.
    I'm going to try ringing the wires out tomorrow (snow coming Mon night...), but I'm pretty sure it is nearly impossible for 4 1157 bulbs to draw that much current...
    so unless I find a worn spot in the insulation plow side, any ideas? Anyone familiar with thew wiring on these?
    Going to check my grounds to be sure, but I think it's unlikely this circuit could pull a ground to replace a bad one.
    I'm kinda perplexed, I don't care if I lose plow parking lights mid storm, but losing headlights or anything else could ruin my night.