1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

park/turn signal dont work

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have a meyer classic mount and my right turn/park light does not work on the plow. The lights do work on the truck. The light on the other side does work. I have been through the wires and checked the plugs. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you change the bulb? Sometime's the simplest thing's are the one's that give you the biggest headache's. Check the ground wire coming out of the right side harness too.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yes I did replace the bulb and still nothing. I traced the ground wire, checked it with a continuity tester and it is fine. Still no lights. I think I may try to splice another ground off of the ground and hook it elsewhere on the body.

4. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Using a ::::; Volt Meter:::::; remove the bulb(s) and check for power at each contact point on the bulb recepticle. If you have a needle point on the + side of your volt meter line you can stab the +12(voltage) wire thru the outer shielding before the bulb connector and see if it has power.

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I got it fixed. It turned out to be two of those little blue splice things did nothave a good constant connection. Replaced them and now we are in business. Thanks for the help

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, Those quick splices are garbage, you'd be much better off soldering them for a more problem free connection.

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yes, that will be one of my boredom projects later this week. What is a good solder to use on electrical connections like this? Thanks for the help

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can use a small diameter rosin core solder for anything electrical. Make sure it say's ROSIN core and NOT acid core. The acid core solder will actually corrode the connection.