1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

park lots stop sign Y/N

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by welded wrenches, Dec 1, 2005.

1. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

hi all.What ya all do with all them stop signs in all them private owned parkin lots?Stop at all a 64k plus times,Or do a california stop? Or go and paint them.green put a GO word on em'.Also if the lot has painted stop on the pavement and its covered with hard pack snow. Comments welcome. Got-r-did *

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

when the strobes are on and the blade is down you had better watch out in parking lot because I usually dont stop, hey the tonnage rule appliespumpkin:

3. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

Depends on the time and how busy it is. Generally it's a California stop, unless the place is packed.

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

It is a right of way matter.

5. A yes

AHHH I was beat to it...... WATCH OUT its the tonnage rule!

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Well, in my state Stop signs on private property, as in parking lots are not enforcable, neither is parking infractions unless the owner of the property wants to act on them so parking lot stop signs are non existant as far as I am concerned- especially when the blade's down.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

you naild this one..lol

The only time you need to stop is when you are leaving the lot and are entering the city, state roadway marked or not. You can't just pull out from a lot or drive with out stoping.

No cop, No stop!! lol

8. little pat

little pat Member

I try not to stop until we've pushed the snow to its' destination. I don't want to lose the momentum, especially when using a push box or wings to move larger amounts of snow.