1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Park lights on head gear

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by samjr, Dec 8, 2011.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

when the left side signal light is on the right side park light kinda gos dim and the other way around ? Its not going dim much u can just see it a bit .Its the 11 pin old stile lights.I know park and turn is granded on the motor and that looks good:confused:

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Mine does it too. Not too worried about it. It could be a little corrosion on one of the grounds.

3. samjr

samjr Senior Member

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Mine doesn't do it that bad. Try taking the wires off of the motor, battery and solenoid and cleaning them up with a scotch brite pad.

5. samjr

samjr Senior Member

did that

the motor was just put on like a week ago.solenoid 2 weeks ago. And it all the wires look good.Did not take the lights apart yet

6. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Ok heres what i done

I had the new Intensifiers here i put them on looks good. But still have the dim not much but still there.So its not a ground because i took that off with the new lights :confused:

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Make sure the reversable blinker connection near the ISO is fully plugged in.

8. samjr

samjr Senior Member

where wood i find that @

Wheres that @ man like what am i looking for

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

disregard, I forgot that you have a 4 port module. Double check your splices, and ensure that the harnesses are securely seated into the ISO.

10. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ok cool

Ya i just hooked up the stuff today that i got from u.But i did not see if it was doing it be4 i started pulling things apart.I put it all back to the way it was and still did the same thing.So i pulled all ports off iso today and put some die lube on them and put them all back and something.So tonight i put my new lights on to see if that would fix it and it did a bit still dimming a bit.I thought it was a ground but i guess not

11. ponyboy123

ponyboy123 Junior Member

It has to be a ground. 99.9% of 12 volt electrical problems are grounding troubles......

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

You might consider re doing your splices. Other then that, the only other thing that comes to mind is a faulty connection at the 8 & 9 pins within the truck side connector (at grill). You installed used harnesses right? Replace your 15 amp park / turn fuse as well, it's located on the #1 control harness....maybe 6" back from the ISO.

13. samjr

samjr Senior Member

yes i was used

Both 3 and 4 ports are new. I got out the tester today looked at all of the grounds under the hood all good .001 @ 2K OHM checked wire from bat to the first plug.And then up to port 2 of iso from that plug:eek:forgot to go from there out to the grill plug and looked to see how they put the Splicing lol i don't thing this is the way to do it.i well put up a pic of it. I am going to solder them on tonight

tapsplice.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  14. RepoMan207

from Maine

ahyup....I hate those scotch locks. Wither it's the issue or not, it's a good idea to rid yourself of them.

The reason for the "used" question was in relation to the light connector at the grill, and it's pins, and their condition (s).

15. samjr

samjr Senior Member

The pins look good.but looks ant **** lol . I know pins 5,8and 11 are all GNDs. And is the ISO sound like the signal light when they are on ?

Capture.jpg

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

That is for a relay system......you have an ISO.

17. samjr

samjr Senior Member

grrrrrr

O POOP ok i look some more

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

2 & 7 are common grounds. 8 & 9 are Turn Signal Power.

19. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ok try them tonight

And i put my tester on the 15 amp fuse and it was jumping from like 11.70 down to 11.63
    How can i test this ? When its unplug from the plow ant it dead ?

Capture2222.JPG

20. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ok heres what i done tonight

So tester in hand @ 2 OHM BAT to pin 2 on the 11 pin truck side got a.001.000 that's good . Ok now i went from pin 7 to bat and got nothing. And just now i went from pin 7 to 2 and nothing.So i put the tester on 12V and pin 2 and 7 had 13.48V is that right? And pin 5 had like 0.30 and so did 11 i think