1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Par 5 Landscaping Trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lugnut, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Trucks are ready to go, getting a new Hiniker sander for the dump on Monday or Tuesday, the one on it now will go on the 2500HD flatbed for use on a couple driveways and as a backup if something happens to the F550

2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Trucks look good. Nice fleet. Good luck this winter.
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice fleet you have there, good luck this year.
  4. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

I got to ask where you got the name from. Ex superintendent here.
  5. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Thanks guys, try to keep everything looking good despite some older trucks compared to what alot of guys are running...keep up on maintenance and they run great though.

Lawnpros, I started the business as a part time thing while I was an assistant superintendent, it grew and became a full time endevor before I made it to superintendent.
  6. lawnproslawncar

Sounds about like me. Assistant, super, and all while doing plowing and landscaping. Now I'm a retired (at 24 1/2) super, a farmer, landscaper, and plower.
  7. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I retired from the golf course industry 2 years ago at 23 haha. Summer watering 7 days a week got to me, sitting around on a Sunday afternoon just waiting for wilt made me realize it wasn't something I wanted to do the rest of my life. I like to get in, do the work, and get out which makes landscaping alot better suited for me.
  8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looking good Dan!
  9. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

+1 on the Meyer plows!

Good luck this season :salute:
  10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking stuff. Hope you have a good season!
  11. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Do you play golf, are you any good? That would be one perk.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  12. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Great Looking fleet! That should take care of the the customers you are taking over from me! when did you get the flat bed? I haven't seen that before...

Did you have a chance to stop by today? I was out doing deliveries most of the day but left a list at the front counter for you...
  13. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I got the list today Jordy, so we're all set for the first storm now. I got the flatbed a couple weeks ago, thats the truck that will be on your route. Wanted to add a truck so we're not streched too thin with only 2, and i've got a bit of a comfort zone now if one goes down during a storm.

I do play golf, not too often the last couple years however. Used to play 2-3 times a week right after high school, was a 7 handicap then.
  14. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

Nice trucks, try to have fun this winter!!
  15. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Nice trucks, They look really clean!
  16. lawnproslawncar

There are days when I miss the work...but all the hours when the heat is on all while going in at one/two in the morning to make sure the irrigation is working was enough. When there is "no" money to update the old system...Got sick of the b.s and decided I would rather blame myself for something not working right than not having the proper tools to do the job.

On a side note, I could never golf, as soon as I would start a round I would zone into the grass and start making a list. Turns a fun pass time into a drag in a hurry.
  17. lawnscapes2

lawnscapes2 Junior Member
    from zone 5

Nice setup!!