1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Paper Documents

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Dodge4x4, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Dodge4x4

Dodge4x4 Junior Member

Im fairly new to plowing on my own, I plowed last season with my buddy but now im doing it on my own this season. i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what to use as like invoices and time cards for plowing so when i mail my bills i have a document to go along with it. any advice is needed Thanks
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Estimates should be on 3 part carbonless paper. Same as contracts.Invoicing 2 part is good.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Do it on the computer...saves everything paperless! Even better is when your clients take invoices by email. Just be sure to back up on secondary hard drive regularly. I print out route sheets with all of my drives and lots on it, I fill in storm info as i go, as well as time in/out for each location. Everything else is done on the computer.
  4. Dodge4x4

Dodge4x4 Junior Member

I've been wondering about doing it on the computer but cant really figure it out to much. i dont know if it be better to do in excel or on word.
  5. grandview

Get Quickbooks.
  6. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Two great responses. I'd like to throw in using Quickbooks for billing. If you're not good with computers, use the 3 sheet carbonless forms. I did it that way for years.
  7. Dodge4x4

Dodge4x4 Junior Member

okay so I checked at office max an if I bring a paper in to them they can make my own 3carbon carbon copy papers
  8. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a MAC you can get a program free on the App store called "Invoices" works great, you can print or email it straight to your client. And when you email it it saves a copy to your desktop for you to print or file. You can also send PDF versions.
  9. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I would recommend quickbooks... Even helps at the end of the year when you file your taxes! Sales tax is a breeze, highly recommended. Although their tech support sucks.
  10. mule585

mule585 Member

Quickbooks is the only way to go imo. ive been using it for 5yrs. it does every thing form est. invoice payroll tax everything needed for your records. they also have a online version and thats what i started with its $39/month but worth it if you dont have the $400-$500 needed to buy the hard copy.
  11. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Whatever you do, backup backup backup and then backup again. We had a real scare this week, fortunately the computer guys we took the puker to were able to save us.....
  12. Dodge4x4

Dodge4x4 Junior Member

I've considered quickbooks for awhile but never had could afford the huge price!!
  13. grandview

There are different levels of quickbooks ,I just use Quickbooks pro for under 200.00
  14. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Quickbooks is something you can not afford not to have.
  15. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

check out zoho.com its a cheaper alternative to quick books.
  16. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Quickbooks is worth every penny they ask. Dont try and nickel and dime around good software it is well worth it.
  17. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

if cant afford quickbook ,buy myinvoice is alot cheaper i used that first till i could afford quilbooks
  18. Dodge4x4

Dodge4x4 Junior Member

I want to buy quickbooks cause ive herd alot of reviews on it and every says its great. more than likely i will buy it this spring.