1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pam Oil on Snow Plow????????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Lawn Care Plus, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

Has anyone sprayed their plow blade with PAM cooking oil so the snow slides easily off of it?

Does it work?

Thanks Tim
  2. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

I use Fluid Film...It protects as well
  3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

no but when i was a kid we used to rub the bottom of our sleds down with moms pledge:dizzy:
  4. FFD411

FFD411 Junior Member

Hmmmm....I'm with daner use the fluid film
  5. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

What exactly is this fluid film stuff? Never haerd or seen it except for on this site and lawnsite. I guess it protects against rust and is slippery like a better version of pam?

Daner- how well does this stuff work, and how long does it stay on there for?
  6. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I sprayed it on my plow this year. I have plowed 101 driveways with it on, almost all if it very wet and heavy. This afternoon I only had a little bit of snow on the blade. I sprayed it on back in November.
  7. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Fluid Film

ok I'm curious who do I get it from? and of coarse, how much? and how do they ship it?

Thanks Ray Grimes
  8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the fluid film has some many uses
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

10. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

I went to the Eureka Chemical web site and I believe that it says that Fluid Film is available at John Deere Dealers.

11. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Not at all of them. Use the dealer locator on their site.
  12. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Hey Guys,

You can find your closest dealer by visiting our website and looking under our dealer locator. You could also buy through Jerre's Service at 814-898-2171.

Thanks for your interest in Fluid Film!
  13. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

I never thought of using pam, was told to wipe down with atf by my plow installer.
    I just got a new truck and had a reflex sprayed in bed liner installed, the guy that sprayed it for me said he is doing a ton of plows now, cause the snow does not stick. Anyone else ever hear of spray in bed liner for plow use?