1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pallets of bagged rock salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by LopatLT7495, Jan 28, 2014.

1. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

What would you guys consider to be a good / fair price per pallet of salt. Im in nothern NJ and just wondering what you guys think is a good price. Prices from other areas welcome as well just to see who is paying what. Thanks

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

any price is fair if you cant get any Best price is preseason price I seen at HomeDepot at 6.50 per bag

3. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 Senior Member
    from Ma

Seeing 280-300 pallet up here, 7.00/bag+ I bag my own and it costs approx 2.85/bag for Clearlane or Ice B Gone and around 1.85/bag for straight salt. payup

4. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

I buy the pallet from menards in northern Mi. We end up paying $5.99/50# bag. 49 bags to the pallet. Saf-t-melt rock salt.

5. DobbinsINC

DobbinsINC Member

309.84 tax included. For a pallet. 49 bags

6. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Earlier in the season I was paying $183 for a pallet (50 bags, #50 each) of American Rock Salt, just went up to $249 a pallet. (I'm only about 45 min. from one of their mines and have a great supplier)

7. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Anywhere from $250 to $300 per pallet

8. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Depends what your getting, calcium blends could be around $530/pallet. I got a pallet of straight rock salt last week for $403/pallet but i think its high due to the shortage.

9. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

220 a pallet rock salt 49, 50lb bags

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

$214 a pallet, after tax.

12. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Wow. I just paid $265.00 for the pallet with 49 bags.

13. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Try Fox Lumber in Clinton, NJ

14. pdreibels

pdreibels Member

Im right across the bridge in PA. My place was $240/skid in December, 2 weeks ago it was up to $299. Buying multiple skids can sometimes get you a discount.

15. breadfan

breadfan Junior Member

Can't get it for any price here right now

16. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Try Michigan Salt. If you need a few pallets I can help you out breadfan but it's not cheap. I'm 1 hr south of you

17. melt all

melt all Member

call 610-497-9390
    bags and bulk plus super sacks of salt and a blend

18. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

Thanks everyone. Mr. Jon ill check with fox before next season my grandfather and I built 11 houses and bought all our material from them and i know the guys pretty well. As for the prices im just trying to get a ballpark because right now my 3 commercial accounts dont want salt they just do the walks themselves and dont want the parking lots done, however with all the ice we have had this year im going to try and see if they will pay for salting next season.

19. MidwestSalt

MidwestSalt Junior Member
    from Batavia

Midwest Salt has Packaged Calcium & Blends

Midwest Salt has packaged calcium chloride and blended de-icers available at end of season prices. Call Tony or Johnny at 630-513-7575.