1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

painting...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Mar 2, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

since painting my plow truck, i've gotton pretty good..so my grandpa got me a job fixing one of there company trucks, a 2006 ford expidition that had been rear ended, needed a bumper cover and some body work on the hatch. plus the front bumper cover was messed up so he wanted that replaced. ysterday i picked it up..started painthing today..thought i'd share.

also, the shop i'm using is my local boss plow dealer and a very good family friend..he owns "truckwell of alaska" amazing guy and very helpful..known him since i was about 5 lol

when i got it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 91AK250

last night

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 91AK250

today in the booth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 91AK250

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice work! now lets see it all back together :D

6. 91AK250

thats todays task haha...another long day ahead of me.

7. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

so with as nice work as you do their. How long before you open up your own collison repair shop. JMO I think you'd do great,with as nice work you do. Can't wait to see it all back together and thanks for the pics!:)

8. 91AK250

well thanks guys!! i'm no pro..just getting started but i love it and who knows it could be what i want to do..idk

paint is done, i'll wetsand and buff it tomarrow..then finnal assembly and detail the truck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Looks good! Don't yah just hate when you can't find that last piece to put it all back together. :jester:
    I love the color of your truck though. That looks freakin great!!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  10. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

That looks great man. How wel does it compare to the stock paint?

11. yancy

yancy Senior Member

lookin good what else gets painted in that booth its huge! ours is only 15x25x8 that looks to be 20+ feet tall

12. 91AK250

its a big truck shop, so he paints semis and all kinds of stuff in there. the whole shop is about 15k sqare feet. i'll post up later with pics of his whole set-up.

it should be just as good if not better then stock. i used dupont chroma base and chroma clear which is pretty good stuff.

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hes lookin for the ford emblem for the back hatch. HAHAHA! Jk!