1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

painting

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by A&MLANDSCAPING, Oct 21, 2010.

1. A&MLANDSCAPING

A&MLANDSCAPING Junior Member

im painting my plow and was woundering if any body clears the mold board

2. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

You can but what type of paint are you using? I am getting ready to paint 2 of our westerns and am using the western brand red enamel that doesn't require it. If you are going to do a 2 stage base/clear coat it may not last as long as an enamel would.

3. A&MLANDSCAPING

A&MLANDSCAPING Junior Member

im going to use the westen paint

4. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

I repainted mine last year I used three coats of heavy rust primer from rust-oleum and four coats of their sunshine red paint - rust-oleum - then sprayed a couple of coats of clear on it and it looked good. Lasted for the better part of a season and some of it began to flake off. I will try and post a link to the thread I had on it to show you the results.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=65393

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010