1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

painting the dump body

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MFD18, Nov 29, 2006.

1. MFD18

MFD18 Junior Member
    from Boston

i just bought a 2004 F 550 and the dump body is currently white and is starting to rust...i may paint it black or might re-paint it white...

my question is can i paint the steel dump body with Rustoleum paint or will i need to bring to a Body shop for special paint?
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Well, the body shop would to a better job, as some of the dump should probably be bead blasted or sand blasted. But rustoleum will be fine. Just clean off any rust and prime. If you're gonna spray, I'd do it inside.
  3. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I am an ASE Certified Auto Body Tech. If you have a body shop do it the paint job will last longer. But it will cost more. payup payup payup
  4. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Paint it black, white is sissy.
  5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I sanded mine down real good and had the OUTSIDE RhinoLined.
  6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

guy i know paints his white every year this year they went black primered it and put black them a semi gloss on it and it looks good but its a dull looking black