1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

painting, striping

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Getting a used 810, I want to repaint it so it looks nice and pretty. I've always used rustoleum with a roller once a year on my Fishers, seemed to work well enough. I was wondering about the red stripes, they are gone, is it painted on or decals? I'd like to redo them too, and I'm thinking of adding some 3m reflective tape to make it more visible, I dont know if it will stick very well though. I hate that the plows are white, stupidest idea I've ever seen. let me knowwhat you guys do to keep your Blizzards looking good. I hate a crappy looking plow with all the paint scraped off.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

The stripes are a decal

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

thanks, I'll have to check with Blizzard for them. How about this idea: Red reflective tape in the original pattern. That 3M stuff sticks pretty well, but I dont know how it would stand up to snow. If we ever get any, that is.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Personally I would'nt do either, they are just going to come off again anyway. However, if your going to do it I would go with the Blizzard decals being that 3M reflective striping is'nt cheap by any means..:nod: