1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Painting Sand blasting plows

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BigDave12768, Mar 20, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Since I am in market for a used truck. I will end up with a MM1 or a older MM2. Any thoughts on prices or where to bring them to have them done correctly
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A good sander and some time will get it down to metal to paint.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There's a guy in Auburn Maine that does sandblasting and powdercoating. A guy on here had one done this year I think. It wasn't cheap, but the plow looked brand new. Sandblasting will do a much better job a grinder. It will get into all the nooks and crannies. And powdercoating will last much longer and look better than paint. I'm sure you could find someone closer to do the work. If I were looking for a truck, I would look for one that had not plowed. Then find a plow a couple years old.

Good luck, Palmer
  4. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I had my Western sandblasted, primed and seam sealed for $200.00. I didn't like the powder coat it had from the factory, most of it peeled off.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We use a wire wheel and grinder on our blades and we pretty much dismantle them. We can do a better job then most paint shops plus we get a good look at the plow and we rebuild them at the same time.