1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

painting my meyer

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by brandon.edwards, Oct 30, 2014.

1. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

What do you guys use other than the sno-Flo paint? I was thinkin of using yellow cat rustoleum. What are my meyer friends thoughts.
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

pressure wash, they spray with phosphoric acid to neutralize rust.
    then spray with rustoleum red oxide primer cut with acetone, finish with rustoleum industrial safety yellow cut with acetone.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

rustoleum safety yellow.
  4. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Sand off loose flaking rust. Use 3 STEP POR 15 Rust neutralization n preventative procness. Follow instructions *exactly*. Then, brush on 3 coats Meyer sno flo paint. Letting dry just till tacky between each coat. Do NOT paint below 50 degs. Just did mine. Looks brand new. Rust gone forever. I'd post pix but apparently this site doesn't allow. Good luck.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'd post pix but apparently this site doesn't allow.

How are all the pics in the "pictures" threads then?
  6. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

wipe clean
    apply oil base caution yeller
  7. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Have no idea. There's nothing in my UI with that op
  8. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

I stand corrected - partially! Only in the full site version - not on my droid! :nono:

Will get pix and post shortly! :waving: