1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Painting frame

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by farmerkev, Sep 2, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Im going to repaint my frame before winter, my plan is to wirebrush the loose stuff, and then hit it up with a 3M product that worked real well on my wheels, its a spray that turns rust into black primer. I was then going to brush paint on some regular Rustoleum paint or sometheing to that effect. I figured that if I brush painted it I could get a thicker coat. Next, GV is supposed to send me a gallon of FF to coat it, so my truck could be used in his next video as a test subject.

Will this be a good fix for the frame? Its not real bad yet and I want to keep it that way.
  2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Somebody on a snowplowing forum has to know a thing or two about painting a frame? Any other better ideas? I wanted to pour-15 the fram but the price of that stuff is :eek:
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well....you could jut FF it and not have to paint it.:D
  4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

So you will send me enough FF to do that? Ill PM you my shiping info. Thanks buddy!
  5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member