1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

painting a skidsteer trailer.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JRS Landscaping, Sep 25, 2012.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

Hey paint guys! Whats a good paint/ primer. I tried rustoleum primer and paint and had nothing but issues with the primer reacting with the paint. Im thinking about using an epoxy paint. any thoughts or suggestions I would be rolling it on. not spraying.
  2. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

POR-15 or Chassis Saver as a base but make sure you top coat even if you go with black. I've seen both turn chalk-like when left in the sun for a long period.

3. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

I have heard mixed reviews on por 15. Its going to be a yellow color if that matters.
  4. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

.Bed liner.
  5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Raptor liner.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The key to any good paint job is prep.Your paint job is only as good as the surface below it. Make sure the surface is clean / degreased and smooth.[/IPower wash the hell out of it. Use an insect sprayed with degreaser in it first. Wire brush / wash offf rusted area's and treat with rust reformer. It's worth buying a Wagner power painter/sprayer. You can shoot paint a lot faster. ( what's your time worth?) Home Depot sells gallons of Rustoleum. Clean the sprayer with paint thinner. The Wagner can be used for many painting projects too. I have worn out 3 of them. If your have a compressor.You could get a decent spray gun for cheap and do it that way.