1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Painting a cat loader GREEN???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by newhere, Dec 12, 2011.

1. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

What do you guys think.....im painting two older cat loaders and im thinking about painting them my bright green company color instead of normal Caterpillar yellow.

I think it would look nice, im really not worried about resale.

Any one have recommendations or thoughts on 23.5x25 tires? How ever i dont want to drop 3,800 bucks per tire on bridgstones

Take a look at these, they look like they would be a excellent snow tire, but im sure they are waaay out of my budget. Nice siping though

2. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Everyone will just think they are rentals from Sunbelt...
  3. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

I painted a Gradall of mine red, used to be blue.

looks badass i think

go for it
  4. newhere

from Fenton

my shade of green is darker then the sunbelt ones by a long shot so i dont think any one will think sunbelt when they see em. Not that i care if they do.
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Id go for it, then sticker it with Picasso instead of cat decals
  6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

what is the rest of your equipment
    i keep all my equipment looking the same name recongition
    be consistant with everything
  7. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Not so much, always think about resale...
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I believe that would be like painting your Bowtie blue, or your Fisher red.....
  9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a Darker Shade of Green than the Forest Service Green.....I think it would look Pretty Cool.....Thumbs Up
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Paint the loader arms and bucket to make it your own. Different colors really take away the theft problem also. I wouldn't paint the whole thing an off color unless your keeping it for a long long time.
  11. newhere

from Fenton

i run the same colors as the davey tree service company. A little bit lighter then forest green but not lime greenish like sunbelt.

Im never going to sell the machine, maybe 50 years down the road when i sell my company but im not gona worry about that now. More then likely the loader will sell with the company.

I know im painting it green, i think it is going to look awesome!!
  12. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures when it's done or it doesnt exist!
  13. newhere

from Fenton

haha ok will do!!
  14. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

go with cat yellow and paint arms your green and engine access doors etc...trust ive seen all green doesnt look good
  15. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 Junior Member

As long as it ain't JD or sunbelt green Id go for it, besides greens the color of $$
  16. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I always say everything of mine is for sale except the dog. You just never know so think of the resale.
  17. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Are you gonna paint newer loaders as you grow and aquire more? More then likely you will have more yellow loaders in the future... and then these will be oddballs
  18. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

When I first read the title I thought it would be absolutley crazy but if green is your company color then go for it!
  19. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I would do loader arms and buckets. That's more than enough for people to know they are yours from a glace.
  20. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I want to see it when your done!

I just got done painting my fisher plow blue, and raised a few eyebrows!

Next I'll be painting my Vermeer Mini Skid in blue also with a black undercarriage and black loader arms.

I'm all about standing out against all the Red and Yellow you see during snow season.