1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Painted The Plows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by homerpete, Dec 4, 2010.

1. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

Decided to paint the plows up a couple weeks ago they turned out really well.

[​IMG]
    Before

[​IMG]
    After

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cant seem to find any decent pics of the Blizzard before but it was pretty rough.

I also Just put Timbrens on my Dodge last night (white one) they really do help out alot
    i am very pleased with them!

2. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Looks great, it always amazes me how far a little paint and sand paper can go

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great

4. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Looks good!

Does it seem like Blizzards lose their paint a little faster than other plows? Seems like all the ones I see around town are pretty worn down.

5. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

I would agree, mine was in dire need!

6. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

Looks great!! what paint did you use to paint the Boss?

7. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

Well its actually made for sign painting, its very durable and you can roll it or brush it and it flows out really smooth!

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good...did you plow the other night?

9. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

Yea a little Saturday morning.

10. C.Solan

C.Solan Junior Member

looks good

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks gret. How old is that Boss?

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Where's the center piece on that BOSS V, you must leave some serious plow trails..:nod::realmad:

13. dougieb

dougieb Junior Member

my 7.3 ford diesel doesnt start so good in cold if its not pluged in . can i add a little gas to my diesel.

14. SMLCAT

SMLCAT Member

Uh...NO
    Just plug it in a couple of hours before you need it. I put mine on a timer to come on at 4 AM and it works great.
    You might also want to put some anti gel like Stanadyne in there. It really works.

http://www.blueridgediesel.com/specials1.htm

15. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

Well not sure we bought the truck with it, and its been on there since the truck was new in 1997.

16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

My buddy puts a bit of gas in his diesel tractor and it runs fine..however I wouldn't do this in my truck. Standyne works perfect, you can buy the small bottles that are good for one fill up. I've been using Standyne for years, never had a problem..

17. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

What year 7.3 is it? You may need glow plugs, however I had trouble with my 2002, and it turned out that the plug fell off the heater in the bottom of the fuel filter housing, I plugged it back in and didn't have any more trouble