1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Painted the plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by duramax-king, Aug 28, 2010.

1. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

Decided to finally paint the plow, Scraped off all the old paint and put a base coat on for now, second coat will be going on monday :mechanic:

fisher plow fisrst coat.jpg

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Another coat of THAT color, or something a little more fitting of Fisher? Admittedly, if it needed scraping, that's probably a great improvement!

3. duramax-king

Probally something a little closer to fisher (if i can find some) Yeah it was pretty bad

4. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

tremclad paint is pretty colse to fisher collor you can get it at canadien tire

5. duramax-king

Alright thanks, Second coat of tremclad it is :D

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's none of my buisnes but it would look so much better if the paint was closer to the Fisher color.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The Dupont Ready to paint (Paintshop) paint yellow is pretty close. I just bought some of that with some of their black to tint it with until its just about right. Its a laquor (I can't spell) based paint so you just dump it into your spray gun and go. I cover it with an automotive clear coat with hardener. I'm hoping it holds up to plowing.

Your plow looks good for a first coat!

8. duramax-king

Yeah thanks guys, it did turn out a little more green then i wanted, time to go buy some different paint

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure you post some pics after you paint the 2nd coat.