1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

painted or powder coated

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ggg6, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I just bought a new Unimount plow side mount kit for my Pro Plow. Does Western paint or powder coat all the black parts such as Quadrant, A-frame, pump support, etc. My local dealer wasn't sure but thought it was painted. I took the parts to my loacl powder coater and he thinks they are already powder coated.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

depends on the year, but most are.
  3. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I believe that they powder coat just about everything
  4. RepoMan207

from Maine

It's the same plant as Fisher in Rockland. Same building. 94 was when they adapted to Powder coating. 02 they had an issue, and were out sourcing, they did regular paint on some fishers, I can't remember the exact details, but it most likely IS powder coated.
  5. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

They powder coat everything steel. I've been to the Milwaukee factory several times and have seen every single stage of the manufacturing process.

Just my .02¢
  6. RepoMan207

from Maine

That's true too, your out in mid country, Different plant altogether. I used to dispatch all LTL loads out of Fisher Rockalnd, Me. up till last December.