1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Painted My Xblade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wolfmobile8, Oct 17, 2011.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Took my xblade off the headgar to get it wleded and figured well it was off that I would paint it and touched up a few spots. Put it all back togeather yesterday and figured I would snap a few pics. Now all I have to do is chage the fluid and it's alset bring on the snow.

DSCN0698.jpg

DSCN0699.jpg

DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

DSCN0710.jpg

2. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

came out mint Thumbs Up

3. wolfmobile8

one more pic.

DSCN0711.jpg

4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Looks new. The other plow confused me for a second. Who is running the V-plow?

Must be your brothers plow and white truck in the background.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Wolf I'll bring this one over you let me know when its done.Haha just kidding.That looks like it just came from the dealer.What kind of paint did you use on it?

6. wolfmobile8

Thanks. Yea my borther is running the 8.5 ss exv on his dmax. i already told hime i am borrowing his truck one strom this season so I can try that exv out. hahah
    Haha. I used chassis saver from napa.

7. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Looks real nice! So nice how easy they come apart!

8. chevyzrule810

I think you need a bigger light on your truck wolf.Can you paint right over rust with that stuff or does it have to be primed?

9. wolfmobile8

Thanks man. yea it was so easy. Xblades are they way to go. Thumbs Up

10. wolfmobile8

Yup you can paint right over rust but i would still use a grinder. I had that lightbar custom made. I didn't want a fullsize bar so I had the frame cut down to 39" It's perfect size cause it's right in the middel of a full size and a mini bar size.

Here's the link for chassis saver http://www.magnetpaints.com/underbody.asp

11. chevyzrule810

Have any paint left over?

12. chevyzrule810

Is it an undercoating?

13. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Plow come out great!! You should paint the chain too i painted mine orange to match my plow because my chain was rusty.

14. chevyzrule810

Orange? Why wouldn't you remember which link is bolted to each side of the a-frame remove the chain prime it,paint it and paint it silver.

15. wolfmobile8

Nope I dotn't used a qrt didn't by the gallon of it.
    Thanks. I am not going to paint the chain. just going to leave it the way it is.

16. chevyzrule810

Did you make those plow dollys must be much easier to move the plow around

17. wolfmobile8

No they are actually dollys for our snowmobiles and i figured when I was putting the plow back togeather it would be eaiser to set it on those and line the pins backup. They acually do make plow dollys tho.

18. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

When I painted my plow, I bought new chain for it.

19. chevyzrule810

How much was the chassis saver? I looked at your link and it doesn't show napa carrying it just cap which is about the same distance napa is from me

20. wolfmobile8

Napa does sell it. I got it from the napa in maynard because my dad has an account there. Ive never seen it at the Napa in chelmsford but I don't like that one and all my stuff comes from the one in maynard. The qrt of chassis saver cost me $42.99 and they also sell reducer for it but I really didn't use it and that cost $8.99 for the big one not sure how much the smaller thing of reducer was.