1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Painted my wheels

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I painted the wheels on my 98 today. Rustoleum black with silver painted trim. I love the old school look. The board seems a little dead, so here are some new pics. Enjoy. I picked up a Fisher mount for this truck the other day for $75 bucks. It needs a little welding work, but it's a good price.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good on the white truck. I like white rims on black trucks too. Looks like you sprayed the lugs, nuts, hubs, everything.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yup everything. Anything that is even a little rusty throws it all off.

4. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

you just painted right over the chromed steel rims? keep us updated on how the paint holds to the wheels cause i really want to paint the chrome stock rims on my truck. you do anything to prep them before paint?

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I took the chrome simulators off. They were junk. Those are just the bare steel wheels that you see. I used a wire wheel on an angle grinder and prep'ed them real good.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

That looks great man,nice work

7. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Nice, I like the bright area around the bead, looks good. It's always a good "upgrade". Done it on my first two trucks, what a difference. Looks mean in the snow too!

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

that looks really good. I like the looks of that truck for some reason!

9. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

impressive! dresses it up just nicely!

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

shes coming along nicely. rims look good