1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Painted my Meyers Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by andyman5001, Dec 28, 2013.

1. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

So I bought my truck and plow "new" from the dealer a couple years ago. I got a good deal because they beat the crap out of the plow on their own lot. It has always bothered me that it looks like "I" can't plow and I ran into who knows what. Also thought it would look good if it matched my truck.

Pics shows before, prepped, and primed with rusty primer.

Plow 3 copy.jpg

Plow (prepped) copy.jpg

Plow (primed) copy.jpg

2. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

A few more, Painted white with Majic tractor paint from TSC with hardener. Last pic shows reflective tape along top of blade. Couldn't get all the dents out, tried my best. Also, got a free Meyer sticker from the Meyer website. More to come.

Plow (White-back-decals) copy.jpg

Plow (White-Front-Decal) copy.jpg

Plow (White-Front-Decal-Reflective) copy.jpg

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great!

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Ummm, how you gonna find it when it snows?

Looks great, nice work.

5. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

Oh, you'll see. I have a few more mods to do before I'm done. I am currently wiring a few led's in my new markers, as well as a few other goodies to make it visible.

Thanks for the nice words!

6. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Awesome job!

7. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

A little update: Painted the angle cylinders white to match, Also got some SAM markers, and started to wire a few LED's for the markers & blade. Last pic is a homemade battery box to power the lights.

20131229_093238 copy.jpg

20131229_093255 copy.jpg

20131229_093322 copy.jpg

8. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

Finished wiring lights today and finally hooked up the plow to my truck. Also added reflective tape to markers ( I took off the SAM stickers). Last pic shows install of wiring. I tried to keep it nice and clean.

20131230_154751 copy.jpg

20131230_154901 copy.jpg

20131230_154911 copy.jpg

9. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

And got to try them out tonight! Lights are supposed to be green and amber, but the amber appear more orange - not red like in the photo.
    All in all I am mostly happy with how it turned out.

20131230_185351_LLS copy.jpg

20131230_185410_LLS copy.jpg

10. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Night pictures please :D

Edit: he beat me to it

11. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

I like it.

12. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

LED's are power just by batteries on Plow side? No connection to truck side? Looks very cool!

13. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

may have a problem with red lights facing forward...looks too neat to get a ticket over

14. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Why not just tap into parking light on headgear for power? Does look cool as hell.

15. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

Yeah just batteries for now. I can always tap into the parking lights later if the batteries don't work out. I like the clean look of it. Also I was worried about pinching of the wires at all the pivot points. I have a quick connect for the power source. They can be run on a single 9 volt as well.

They do look more orange than red in person. I think the green will help with my case if I ever get pulled over.

I will try for some better nighttime shots.

16. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Hell - that 9volt may run those LED's for a long time...

17. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

I hope so. I have 8 aa batteries powering them right now. We will see how long they last.