1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Paint

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chcav1218, Jul 31, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

My plow needs paint. Has anyone had any experience repainting their fisher? What should I do for prep in addition to scraping or power washing?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have a speedcaster old school plow. i just used a big wire wheel on 4.5" grinder. knocked off all the loose junk. then brushed or rolled on some rustoleum sunburst yellow. plowed all last winter and no paint peel off on blade.

fisher snow flap setup 005.jpg

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

as sweetk30 said, you want to brush or roll the paint on. dont spray it, never comes out too good.
    when i re-did my old fisher conventional i used the same color of rustoleum. comes out great.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I did this last fall, was fun!

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=51049

I would not suggest using the fisher factory paint that you can buy, i did not like the way it turned out even after prepping the plow as well as i could. I would suggest a rustoleom product :)