1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Paint pricing?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by farmerkev, Jul 28, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Just wondering, any ideas how much it would be to just have a tailgate painted? Its only one color, and needs a pinstripe masked off or redone. I tried, it didnt work, Im trying it over, but, without all the equipment (my freinds bringing some junk over tomorrow) and it should go much better, but, just incase, Id like a possible price.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I am not proud to admit that I've messed up my tailgate on my daily driver many times and I've paid anywhere between $150-$350 depending upon how bad the damage was.
  3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Well mine isnt messed up. Well I guess it after I tried painting it. :cry:

It was just scratched, and the letters were fading, and it had a few chips. There are some dents, but I dont want them fixed. Just paint. But it still sounds like it would be a good $100 I guess.
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

only way to find out for sure is to bring it to your local body shop.
  5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Thanks alot ABES, this is all your fault. I see how nice your truck is and want to make mine look as nice as yours. Now I get these ideas and screw things up before I make it better. :p But its ok. xysport
  6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

lol I have to work so hard for my truck i hardly ever get to enjoy it :dizzy:
  7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

depending on how bad you messed it up ,paint isn't cheap any more .$300.00 to $500.00 .they might have to strip it !:(
  8. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

my shop charge for S10 tailgate for $175.

So it should be close to $200.