1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Paint job improved????

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by GMSNOW, Feb 25, 2011.

GMSNOW Member

I have a PP that is finishing its 3rd year and its all rusty.... My plow was starting to rust before I even got it home.

The Blizzard sales team is trying to sell me that Blizzard has drastically improved its paint job. Anyone out there who has bought a Blizzard this year have any comments?

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Paint is not any better. Bought a 8611 and its the same as my previous years on how quick it is getting rusty. It happens, just repaint it
  3. fci

fci Senior Member

If you paint over rust it will come through. I would sand it use a primer and paint it. My 810 had rust spots at the factory welds. This year I touched up the paint and sprayed with fluid film. The fluid film made a big difference it makes a bad paint job look good months later.