1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Paint Issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pjnlandscape, Mar 5, 2011.

1. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

Has anyone else noticed a greater amount of paint pitting and wear from this past plowing season? I live in MA and I think the new ice control material my town is using has caused some pitting in my paint. I washed my truck as often as possible over the course of the winter but today I washed and waxed because it is so warm here and I uncovered some spots I don't like the look of so in a few weeks I think I am going to clay bar the whole truck to try to fix it. Any thoughts?:confused:

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like the town is using calcium chloride as an additive. That stuff will rust out a piece of stainless, lol.

3. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

Well if they are hopefully they cut the S*&% for next winter cause my truck is only a year old and up close the paint looks like Hell! :realmad: The clay bar treatment should get it right but another few years of this will make a mess.