1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Paint for sectionals

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by cyride, Apr 1, 2011.

1. cyride

cyride Junior Member
    from Iowa

Has anybody had any luck finding touch up paint in quarts or gallons. I get the run around from the dealers. They supposedly can't get anything but spray cans at $13.00 a piece. They aren't worth anything (paint comes out like water). Like to find somebody whose has had luck getting some mixed and could share the formula.

2. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Stop by an automotive paint store, and tell them what you need to do. Take a color sample if you want to match it. They can show you how to add a hardener to help paint last.

3. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Transport yellow from tractor supply was a VERY close match, I don't think it could get closer between fresh & 2 year old paint. $ 35/gallon

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Yep...but it dosent necessarily have to be an "automotive" paint store...any specialized paint store would do.

This would be the most economical way to go imo....and what we would typically do for repaint or touch-up on a snow pusher.
    Farm & Fleet / Farm King are a couple others that would have it also.

That would be asinine to pay that kind of money for repainting/touch-up on a pusher.

6. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

Thanks, That is a big help. I thought $175 was crazy also