1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

paint color

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by peanut46g, Mar 17, 2004.

1. peanut46g

peanut46g Member

I'm looking to paint my '76 chevy c10. I want to paint it green because the interior is green and I'd like to keep it somewhat original. I was thinking of a light green or very dark green. I've searched the net but I really can't find many green older chevy trucks just so I can see what it looks like. If anyone has any pictures of green chevy trucks can you please post them? Thanks a lot.

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

PEANUT.........Look under the hood on the top of the
    cowl. There will be a stamped plate. It will show different codes stamped there. 1 will be the color code.

My barn out back is still buried and can't get to it or I could look
    at the plate on my old GTO and tell ya what to look for to find
    the original color code.............geo

3. peanut46g

peanut46g Member

Thanks sonjaab but I don't want to paint the truck the original color. I'd like either a light green or a dark green. Thanks!

4. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

How about Fathom Green Metallic (paint code 57 for the 69 Camaro) or Dark Green Metallic (paint code 33 for the 76 Corvette) ?

Take a look at this web site for car models. It has a lot of info about stock colors of various GM cars. http://carmodeler.net/colorcatalog.htm

Bruce

5. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Find a local paint supplier for auto finishes or find a friendly body shop. I bet you can find one that will let you look thru their color charts.
    Green is a pretty popular color, you will have many to choose from. Then throw in the possibilities of metallics and/or pearls.

Good luck in your choices,
    Mark K