1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Paint color match

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Jun 11, 2010.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I did some searching on here, but could not find the answer to what I am looking for. Long story short... bought a 8.2 steel V for $2k and I want to paint it. I was going to use Valspar paint from Tractor Supply but don't know which color matches best. My options are:

Massey Ferguson Red
    Ford Red
    International Harvester Red
    New Holland Red

Has anyone used these and which one matches the Boss red color best?

I don't have pics of plow yet, I will get them up as I start this project.

2. secret_weapon

I guess nobody has tried any of these paints? I'll have to buy a rattle can of each and see which one matches best.

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i used rustolium saftey red and it worked out, but seeming a little bright

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If I remember right "Sunrise Red" is a perfect match....but can't remember who makes it.

5. secret_weapon

Well, I bought a few cans of paint from Tractor Supply and sprayed on plow around the original paint. International Harvester Red had the best match. The paint is Valspar Tractor & Implement high gloss enamel.

6. secret_weapon

Well I have to retract what I said before about IH paint having the best match. I took a picture of the backside left blade.When I peeled the large decal off the backside, the paint looked much brighter. Painted 2 stripes couple inches wide. Towards the bottom of the blade I labeled the colors (upside down). So Massey Ferguson red has the best color match. What do you guy think?

100_6527.jpg

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010